Overcomer

 

My mother said something yesterday that rocked me to my core.  I was complaining about a confusing task at work, and told her that I was considering giving up on it.  She didn't think I would.  "You're an overcomer," she said.  "Even when it's difficult.  Even when it costs you.  You're an overcomer."

I had never thought about it like that.

I hate to lose, or make a mistake, or forget.  I'm resourceful and determined, and will take any side-trips necessary to get past obstacles and reach the goal.  However, I always thought that just meant that I was stubborn.

I like this better.  I'm an overcomer.  I find a way to get over, around, under or through.  Even when it hurts.  Even when it ruins my sleep or my peace of mind or my manicure.  Even...and I suspect this particular task falls into this category...if it isn't worth it.  

Still, I will overcome it.

Comments