Easing In

It's difficult to get back to work after a holiday.  I spent the Christmas break reading, eating and taking naps, and I really liked it.  And just because the time has come to return to productivity mode, I see no reason to leap into the chasm of intensity.  First, I am going to meander through the garden of possibilities.  And thus, I have compiled a list of things that make coming back to work really not so bad.

  • I have finally had some long-standing health difficulties diagnosed and treated, so I feel better and more energetic than I have felt in years 
  • January means that 'Death In Paradise' will soon be starting up again (I love that show)
  • I rather like the clean, streamlined look of a flat after the Christmas decorations are put away
  • I enjoy hearing about people's holiday adventures
  • The days are getting longer (slowly!)
  •  I don't have to hear 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' for ten whole months
  • Book Two in the Catrin Surovell series, Death Foretold, will be released on 23 February (woo hoo!)
  • I'm enjoying working on Book Three...there are diamonds involved.  And where there are diamonds, there are thieves.  
This list has really helped.  Often I face the new year with fear and trepidation, but after this little exercise I feel rather hopeful.  Good things can still happen.  Let's see what 2024 brings.


Comments